Spooky Horse? Slippery Saddle? Relax.
*Removable Saddle Grips*
(Ahem... We're Soon Re-Branding to "EquiGrip" - Stay Tuned!)
Stay Seated. Stay Centered. Ride Happy.
About the Inventor...
Lee Ann Morgan has been riding since age 9, schooling horses across several disciplines, including Hunters, Jumpers, Three-Day Eventing, Dressage, Fox Hunting, Team Penning, and Arena Polo.
Here's her story:
Some time ago, I was re-gripping my tennis racquet with a length of cushioned, rubber gripping tape. I was thinking about a very green horse I was schooling, and it flashed into my mind: Why hasn't someone created a set of removable, gripping panels for saddles, to improve grip, rider comfort, performance, safety, cornering speed during jumping rounds, and every other aspect of equestrian sport? No one had.
So, I did.
I wrote the patent, engineered the prototypes, began ride-testing, designed the website, and, with input from the early-stage experimental customer base across the U.S., Canada and New Zealand, continuing to improve the product.
RiderGrip™ International was launched in late 2010 in Calgary Canada and Cologne Germany at the Spoga Equestrian Trade Exhibition.
I could probably use a nap.
Formerly a college English professor, she consults for attorneys in the area of FDA-regulated biomedical research in Biologics and Implantable Devices.
She designed RiderGrips™
to give all equestrians that extra level of confidence and performance in the saddle that hadn't existed before.
LeeAnn's Equestrian Resumé:
Calm, cool and collected schooling, for your horse’s peace of mind.
- Hunter-Jumper (Foxfield Riding Academy, Westlake, CA USA)
- Santa Ynez Valley Hunt Club
- Polo: Santa Barbara Polo Club
- Jumpers (to 1.5M)
- Team Penning
- Instructor, Santa Barbara Therapeutic Riding Academy (NARHA)
- Equine Rehab / Injury / Post-surgical: Groundwork, long rein work, liberty work, massage therapy.
- Diverse methods of combined training and equine philosophy, applied with quiet patience, persistence and compassion.
- Equine Orthopedic medicine, preventive and corrective shoeing practices.
- Current and traditional schools of equine nutrition and feeding that balance systemic Ph toward the alkaline. Diagnosis of chronic nutritional deficiencies resulting in disease and joint issues.
- Kohanov: The Tao of Equus
- Ackerman: Dressage in the Fourth Dimension
- Allen: 101 Jumping Exercises
- Schutol / Mistral: Horse Training In-Hand.